GFMSA is an local representative of international organization IFMSA, and ensure the objectives of the international organization at the local level.
The International Federation of Medical Students Association (IFMSA) comprises 136 member organizations from 128 countries worldwide, with a total of more than 1.3 million medical students. IFMSA is a subsidiary organization of the World Health Organization (WHO) and coordinates with organizations such as the United Nations, the World Association of Medical Education (AMEE), etc.
IFMSA brings people together to exchange, discuss and initiate projects to create a healthier world. It trains its members to give them the skills and resources needed to be health leaders. It advocates for the pressing issues that matter to us to shape the world we want. And it does deliver: our projects, our campaigns and our activities positively impact the physicians-to be, the communities they serve, as well as the health systems around the world in which they practice as a trainee and eventually a medical doctor.
All activities of the IFMSA are linked to one of its six standing committees, which are:
• Standing Committee on Medical Education (SCOME)
• Standing Committee on Professional Exchange (SCOPE)
• Standing Committee on Research Exchange (SCORE)
• Standing Committee on Public Health (SCOPH)
• Standing Committee on Sexual & Reproductive Health including HIV/AIDS (SCORA)
• Standing Committee on Human Rights and Peace (SCORP)