The Mission of TSMU- an autonomous higher education institution with almost nine decades of history is :
- Creation/development and dissemination of new knowledge based on high quality teaching, research and professional training at undergraduate and postgraduate levels of medical education;
- Participation in the enhancement of population quality of life, improvement of Health Care system and its effectiveness;
- Providing the graduates with knowledge and skills necessary for their harmonious integration in national and international professional communities.
Teaching, research, medical and pharmaceutical activity are inseparable at Tbilisi State Medical University.
This principle of continuum in medical education at TSMU is ensured with broad scale activity of undergraduate, postgraduate - residency and continuous professional development programs, also the programs of qualification improvement for medical and academic staff. The University provides the studentoriented and Life Long Learning opportunities.
Teaching of fundamental and clinical sciences as well as research at TSMU in Georgian, English, Russian medium academic undergraduate (Bachelor, one-cycle), Master degree, PhD and Postgraduate development, as well as with vocational educational programmes are conducted to the citizens of Georgia and for citizens from up to 70 countries, with following main directions that are necessary for competitive international medical education: sectoral academic knowledge, information management, clinical reasoning, practical and communication skills.
Tbilisi State Medical University is the leader in Georgia and will further continue to strengthen its leading position as an internationally recognized medical education and research hub in the country and the Caucasus region.
- Academic freedom of teaching and research;
- Academic quality of learning, teaching and research;
- Professional development of academic staff and students;
- Electiveness and transparency of governing bodies;
- Internationalization of academic, professional and research cooperation;
- Development of traditions of educational, research and professional performance;
- Protection of principles of professional ethics and responsibilities;
- Respect for human rights and freedoms;
- Protection of social responsibility principles.