The Department’s performance stems from the University’s mission and aims to determine strategic directions for the University development and identification of ways for their implementation, conducting regular trainings on the issues of medical education and modern management methodologies for the University personnel.
Based on the above, the functions of the Department are:
- Development of long-term (seven-year) Strategic Development Plan for TSMU through collaboration with all structural units of the University and other stakeholders;
- Elaboration of three-year Action Plan for the University development;
- Participation in the process of regular monitoring of the implementation of strategic and action plans;
- Facilitation of modernization of ongoing educational programs in the University; modernization of teaching processes in the University matching both national and international requirements – initiating introduction of new methods and technologies; implementation of modern teaching, learning and assessment methodologies;
- Provision of consultations to the faculties and other structural units related to the implementation of Strategic Development Plan;
- Facilitation of international accreditation processes for undergraduate, postgraduate and continuous professional development programs in the medical education;
- Organization of trainings for academic and administrative personnel on the issues of medical education methodology and university management;
- Identification of strategic partners and funds for the University, establishing relationships with prospective partners;
- Development and implementation of joint educational projects jointly with the strategic partners of the University;
- Organization in TSMU international conferences and workshops with the participation of leading international and Georgian experts;
- Participation in international forums on issues of medical education.