Faculty Development Centre was established in October 2012 under the TEMPUS project "Modernizing undergraduate medical education in EU Eastern neighboring area".
Centre aims to train TSMU personnel in modern methodology of teaching, learning and assessment, as well as in modern management, that represents an important prerequisite for the improvement of quality of medical education in the University. For this purpose regular workshops, seminars, presentations (in accordance with previously developed modules) have been conducted at the Centre. Trainings are conducted by TSMU professors experienced in teaching and their professional activities. International experts in medical education are also invited to conduct trainings, workshops and seminars on medical education issues.
- 2014 - Elaboration of training program - Medical Education Methodology;
- 2017 - Elaboration of training program - Organizing and Implementation of Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE);
- 2013-2017 - a total of 426 TSMU professors and teachers (of them 86% - TSMU staff and invited teachers; 11% - clinicians engaged in teaching process, 3% - academic staff from other medical schools). Results of trainings were presented in 2016 and 2017 AMEE Conferences in Barcelona and Helsinki);
Trainings are conducted in the following modules:
- Global challenges of education and management of changes
- Designing and composing tests
- OSCE methodology
- Case-based clinical reasoning (CBCR)
- Methodology of research grant/proposal writing
- Adult education. Communication skills
In December 2017 training in modern management methodology was conducted for the heads of administrative structures of the University.